Rona Borre, CEO of Instant Technology; Tom Gimbel, president and CEO of LaSalle Network; Adam Robinson, co-founder of Hireology; and Liz Vellojin, founder of Argyle Search Partners, discuss the changing processes in tech hiring. They shed light on how recruiting has evolved over the years and has reached a point where online social profiles play a vital role in hiring the right candidate. They also stress on effective communication and constant product innovation as key tips to retain developers.
Some of our key takeaways from the conversation:
- Managing Big Data:
Emails are still dominantly used as the applicant tracking system in most firms, whereas big data can be used to improve recruitment processes. This data can be utilized in the right way by training people how to use them correctly.
- Recruitment is All About Risk Assessment:
Technology has made the process of recruitment more efficient. Managers now have access to a lot of information about the candidate, thus making the screening process easier.
- Technology Can Never Replace Humans:
Human interaction will always be an integral part of the recruiting process. Technology can only help you filter out eligible candidates, but selecting a candidate who is better for an organization is an acquired skill.
- Recruiter Kryptonite – Secrets to Retain Talent in an Organization:
Companies need to respect the critical role that talent plays in an organization. It is important for organizations to create an environment that continuously propels innovation. Talent needs to be nurtured by providing a learning curve that helps individuals completely utilize their skills. The key is to have effective communication across all levels of the organization.
Below are some of the key points and moments from the conversation:
- 1:00 – The panel sheds light on the importance of ATS software and CRM system in various organizations for recruiting processes
- 5:35 – Creating a software that completely humanizes the hiring process is just an idea that has not been executed yet
- 8:09 – Technology has changed the interviewing process, with social media playing a vital role in the social profiling of a candidate
- 12:58 – Human interaction will always be an irreplaceable aspect of recruiting, with technology making it a more efficient process
- 16:36 – LinkedIn and GitHub are resourceful tools for recruiting talent
- 25:24 – Building relationships is required for attracting the right talent and retaining it
- 27:27 – Retaining talent requires respecting talent, providing an environment for innovation, and effective communication