The email marketing industry is estimated to be worth between $6 and $15 billion, growing at a 15-20 percent rate. Igor Polevoy, President at ExpressPigeon, shares his valuable insights on marketing automation and also indulges the audience in a few interesting facts about email marketing.
Some of our key takeaways from the conversation:
- Data Speaks:
In 2012, Target predicted that a 16-year-old was pregnant based on her purchasing habits. Businesses can learn about their customers based on their purchasing habits and use that information to provide products specific to their needs.
- Relevance = High ROI:
Email marketing can generate an average of $45 per $1 invested, whereas personalized email marketing can fetch greater returns. Understanding what piques your customers’ interests and providing them with relevant information is likely to draw high engagement and eventually culminate into a high ROI.
- Design Thumb Rules:
Open rates for emails with vertical layouts are as high as 96 percent. Designing an email that is user-friendly and allows a user to view, scroll, and respond using a thumb draws a higher response.
Below are some of the key points and moments from the conversation:
- 0:44 – Emails are one of the most effective tools for marketing valued at $6B-$15B per year; permission marketing
- 2:40 – Igor talks about personalized email marketing by different websites like Facebook and Quora
- 3:24 – Purchasing habits reveal information about a customer
- 5:50 – Personalization of emails are data-driven, produces relevant results, engaging, and offer a higher ROI
- 8:24 – The design aspect of mass email communications is difficult due to the huge dissemination of devices
- 14:30 – Automation providers are mostly selected via referrals